ANCHOR - What does it mean?
- Started in 1972 by the persistent efforts of a citizen committee headed by Jane Bassett Spilman
- ANCHOR I for boys was first
- ANCHOR II for girls in 1973
- Expanded several times through the 1990’s
- Services included Outreach, Family Preservation, Family Group Home and Wilderness Program
- ANCHOR Group Home/Shelter Care – for boys
- Outreach/Surveillance and GPS
- Seven Challenges Substance Use Treatment
- Brief Challenges
- Aggression Replacement Training
- Co-Parenting: Two Parents, Two Homes
- Transitional Day Program (TDP)
- Lee Ford Camp
ANCHOR Mission Statement
The mission of ANCHOR is to provide a new chance for youth in our community. While they remain close to home, ANCHOR provides comprehensive care and individualized treatment to assist youth and their families in achieving optimal health and well-being.